This recipe is perfect for those week nights where you barely have any time to cook. I like to keep some frozen shrimp on hand because its yummy and comes together in just 30 minutes! This recipe is healthy and the dry rub on the shrimp really packs a punch. The dry rub creates a final product that is really crispy. You can eat these shrimp on top of tacos, in burritos, in salads and over rice. If you’re doing keto, you can just eat this by itself or pair it with some cauliflower rice. I like to eat them in tacos and pair it with my Avolantro sauce. My Avolantro sauce can be paired with other proteins as well. I love using it with the shrimp because it adds a creaminess to the taco’s and is guilt free since it uses yogurt and avocado’s as the base instead of mayo like many other sauces!
Spice Crusted Shrimp:
-2 lbs of shrimp
-1 tsp of cumin
-2 tsp of garlic powder
-1.5 tsp of black pepper
-1/2 tsp of salt
-1 tsp of red chilli powder
-1 tsp of smoked paprica
-1 tsp of corn starch
-2 mashed avocdos
-3 tsp of lime juice
-2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
-1/2 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
-2 tsp of minced garlic
-1/2 tsp of salt
-1 tsp of black pepper
-1/2 tsp of red chili powder
-1/2 tsp of cumin
-1/2 cup of yogurt
- Place your shrimp on a paperwork lined tray in an even layer and then place a paper towel sheet on top of the shrimp and press lightly to absorb all of the liquid. This step is really important because the dry shrimp exterior will help it crisp up. If your shrimp is wet then your dry rub will not stick onto your shrimp.
- Once you have dried your shrimp, place them in a big bowl and all of your seasonings. Toss to coat and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, place some of the shrimp and a dash of oil into a heated skillet or cast iron pan. Don’t crowd the pan and you’ll want to do this in batches, on medium high heat. Once your shrimp gets pink around the edges, flip your shrimp. Do not mess with the shrimp while it is in the plan, just flip it once. If you keep mixing the shrimp in the pan, it will not form a crust.
- Repeat until all of your shrimps are cooked.
- For the Avolantro sauce: Mix all of the ingredients and set aside.
- To make tacos: Warm up your corn tortillas in the same pan and assemble with the spice crusted shrimp and Avolantro sauce. Feel free to add some cojita cheese on top to take these tacos to the next level.